Just because I don’t always have time on weeknights to cook, doesn’t mean I want to sacrifice taste, health, or money! Luckily for us, this week night stir-fry is just one example of a quick and delicious meal.
Chickpeas, garbanzo beans, whatever you call them these legumes are amazing. They are delicious, incredibly versatile, and sooo good for you. You can use them to make hummus, stir-frys, bake them, add them to soup; the options are so endless.
This meal is also awesome to double or triple to meal prep with some rice or quinoa and eat all week!
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 loosely packed cup of kale, chard, or spinich
- 1 small zucchini, cut into semi-circles
- 1/4 head broccoli or cauliflower, cut up into small chunks
- 1 medium carrot, cut into rounds
- 3-4 green beans, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbso nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Add olive oil, garlic, and onion to a frying pan or cast iron skillet. Saute for a few minutes until it looks and smells toasty. Add in carrots, cauliflower or broccoli, green beans, and chickpeas.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring. Add curry powder, nutritional yeast, liquid aminos, paprika, turmeric, and black pepper Once the chickpeas look a little browned add in zucchini and kale. Cook for another minute or two, until zucchini is cooked. Let cool a little and serve.