Hello Quinoa Breakfast Cereal! Time to be my next breakfast obsession.
While breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day, I absolutely cannot eat it first thing in the morning without feeling sick (I’m reeeaaallly not a morning person). This makes school mornings really difficult with some serious hunger pangs around 3rd period. My solution is to bring breakfast with me and annoy every around me by munching during class. So as I’m sure you can imagine, I’m always on the hunt for a quick, easy, and delicious breakfast that I can take to school with me. This quinoa will be perfect to cook the night before and simply reheat and toss in my bag.
I’ll admit, I have a serious oatmeal obsession. However, the same old oats can get a little tiring after a few months. , This quinoa breakfast cereal provides the perfect base for your favorite toppings. With a unique chewy texture that beats oats any day in my book, this cereal will quickly become your new favorite breakfast. I love the toasty flavor this quinoa has. I topped mine with fresh blackberries, peaches, dates, hemp seeds, macadamia nuts, coconut, and almonds.
Oh, and did I mention quinoa is super healthy? Its a complete source of protein, full of almost twice as much fiber as other grains, contains iron, lysine, magnesium, Riboflavin (B2), and a high content of manganese. Topped with your favorite fruits, this quinoa breakfast cereal makes a healthy and satisfying breakfast.
- 1 cup quinoa*
- 11/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cinnamon stick or 11/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla bean or 11/2 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh fruit
- peanut butter
- maple syrup or sugar
- Add quinoa, water, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk to a pot. Bring to a boil and lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before scooping into bowls and serving.
- *If you have leftover quinoa already made, just add it to a pot or the microwave with 1/2 cup milk and spices and heat.
- Feel free to make this recipe the night before and reheat in the morning.