This is one effortless vegan chocolate cake. It is definitely one of the easiest cakes I’ve ever made, vegan or otherwise. I love bundt pans because they make decorating incredibly simple. In particular, I love this bundt pan. As some of you may know, I avoid using Teflon or nonstick coated cookware in my kitchen. Products with these coatings are linked to many dangerous side effects. Yuck! So while this pan is a little on the pricey side, it is well worth it!
My Vegan Ganache really takes things over the top. Creamy, delicious, and rich, you’ll have people doubting if it’s truly vegan. Little will they know, it is also INCREDIBLY SIMPLE! Sorry for shouting, I got a little too excited
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup bourbon or other whiskey
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp white vinager
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheight. Oil and flour a 6 cup bundt pan.
- Sift together flour, and cocoa powder. Add in cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine and make a well in the center.
- Pour in milk, bourbon, water, vanilla, oil, and vinager and stir until combined. Do not over mix. Batter should be pretty thick.
- Scoop or pour into prepared bundt pan and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted is comes out clean. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before topping. I recommend my Vegan Chocolate Ganache.